Standard of living is a measure of the prosperity and quality of life of a country In general, the higher the standard of living of a country, the better the life of its citizens. Standards of living can vary greatly from country to country.
The content covered in this section:
- Definition of standard of living and how it is measured
- Explaining the differences between self-sufficient societies; modern societies; rural societies
- Showing the positive and negative impact of development on the environment
- Explaining unemployment and its causes
- Discussing the measures to reduce unemployment
- Discovering the productive
Sustainability related topics in CAPS:
- Productive use of resources to promote a healthy environment
Click on and read the full PDF below and download the learner activity book here.