Building Collaboration Within Provinces
Fundisa for Change partners engage in the programme in various ways. However, all teacher professional development workshops are run collaboratively between two or more partners.
A new area of development is the establishment of regional Fundisa for Change Nodes. While there is no set format for arrangement of nodes, each node needs to be partnered with at least one Higher Education Institution for certification compliance.
Recommendations for regional nodes:
- Nodes should work to include partners from higher education institutions, Department of Basic Education, provincial parastatal departments, local government, and NGOs
- Nodes should meet at regular intervals to plan and coordinate provincial activities
Roles of regional nodes:
- Raising provincial funding
- Strengthening provincial systems of engagement
- Maintain communication with the national coordination team and the wider network of partners
- strategies for working with the national office