Wants are desires for goods and services we would like to have but do not need. Many wants may seem like needs. Needs are a special kind of want, and refer to things we must have to survive, such as food, water, and shelter.
The content covered in this section:
- Differentiating the concept of needs and wants
- Identifying, describing and discussing the needs of individuals, families, communities and countries
- Distinguishing between primary and secondary needs
- Explaining unlimited needs
- Using limited resources to satisfy needs and wants
Sustainability related topics in CAPS:
- CAPS – EMS Limited resources to satisfy needs and wants
Click on and read the full PDF below and download the learner activity book here.