1. Watch the videos and read the articles in the “Understanding Composting for a Circular Economy” section.
2. Write a start-up story to introduce the topic “Composting as a heritage knowledge practice” or choose another heritage knowledge practice topic to write about at the LEVEL of Grade 2. Also, bring in core terminology from the Grade 2 CAPS curriculum focusing on the topic of living soil and composting.
3. Reflect and evaluate your story by answering the following question.
- What heritage knowledge practices does the story highlight?
- Whose heritage knowledge practices does the story highlight (think – generation, culture, geographical space)?
- What seeds for inquiry questions does the narrative open up?
- What potential learning pathways does the start-up story open up?
- How is this heritage situated as a sustainability process?
- How does the narrative relate to learners’ life experiences and identity?
- How does it set a platform for practical activity and possible change projects?
3. Please submit your start-up story and responses at the bottom of the page. If you are part of a tutor group, ensure to retain a copy for your portfolio.